While protests overnight in Minneapolis following the death of George Floyd, Garrett McQueen and Scott Blankenship had the task of getting to work and hosting overnight classical music on the radio in nearby St. Paul.
The story of that night, plus music for the historic time where we find ourselves, and a look at Trilloquy – the podcast where Garrett and Scott challenge the definition of classical music, make up this episode of Classically Speaking.
Music in this episode:
- Five O’Clock Waltz by Cristina Spinei
- The Seven Last Words of the Unarmed by Joel Thompson
- Symphony No. 9 by Antonin Dvorak
- “Grover’s Corners” from Our Town by Aaron Copland
- Hip Hop’s Love Ballad by Thee Phantom and Phoenix
- Confessions by Sudan Archives
- Scheherazade by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
- Lift Every Voice and Sing by James Weldon Johnson and J Rosamund Johnson, arr. Titus Underwood